PSG 2019 Informatics/ Software Engineer Graduate Programme
Company: PSG Management Services (Pty) Ltd
Closing Date: 22 February 2019
About the programme:
PSG is a leading financial services provider in South Africa and is committed to contribute towards the growth, development and empowerment of youth in the country. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better financial products and services.
Our PSG Graduate programme aims to create a pipeline of young talent within the financial services industry. The programme offers graduates an opportunity to gain on-the-job practical workplace experience while providing on-going support and training.
What we are looking for:
PSG is looking for Graduates who studied Informatics/Software Engineering to assist in developing the next-generation technologies that change how our customers connect, interact with information and the firm and many more. We are looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, system design, networking and data storage, software development, security, artificial intelligence, data compression, and user interface design. The list goes on and is growing daily. As a Graduate Informatics/Software Engineer, you will work alongside our Process Engineers and potentially rotate between projects as our fast-paced firm grows and evolves. We are looking for versatile individuals that are passionate to handle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
What is in it for you?
- You will be granted the rare opportunity to work for the CEO and COO of PSG Konsult
- Travel opportunity between PSG Wealth, PSG Insure and PSG AM
- You will from part of the 12- month PSG Graduate programme
- Will be continuously coached, mentored and will attain on-the-job training
- Work experience within the financial service industry
- Diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Engineer and implement new operations, productivity and smart technology tools to increase efficiency and achieve process optimisation
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software and systems
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Work closely with Process Engineers, Business Analysist and Developers on understanding ways to drive business excellence
- Be and advocate for our customers in representing their issues aknd engineer and develop innovative ways to resolve them
- Be South African Citizens
- Degree in the following disciplines:
- BSc/PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, Machine Learning
- BEng/MEng degree focused on Software, IT, Systems Modelling and Analysis, Artificial Intelligence, Operations Research and Decision Support
How to apply:
If you meet the minimum requirements, you can apply by registering your CV on our careers website (www.psg.co.za/careers/), and uploading a certified copy of your ID and academic transcripts to the Software Engineering opportunity.