Unaudited results for the six months ended 31 August 2013
PSG Konsult (or "the group"), which has refocused itself under three distinct business segments - Wealth, Asset Management and Insure - delivered credible results for the six months to 31 August 2013.
PSG Asset Management delivered commendable investment returns for its clients. Overall assets increased substantially because of strong fund inflows and enhanced market values as a result of favourable investment market conditions. Despite prevailing difficult underwriting market conditions, our Insurance business benefited from our efforts to enhance vertical integration and exploit the synergy our short-term insurance licence and expertise provide us. This results in improved service delivery and product for our client base. The Wealth business, which remains a core strength of the group, also benefited from positive client inflows, increased client trading activity and generally favourable market conditions.
The following are the group's key financial performance indicators for the six months ended 31 August 2013:
- Recurring headline earnings increased by 50% to R108,7 million (headline earnings increased by 41% to R108,7 million).
- Recurring headline earnings per share increased by 31%* to 8,9 cents (headline earnings per share increased by 24% to 8,9 cents).
- Revenue, consisting of premiums, commission, fees and other operating income, increased by 45% to R1 065 million.
- Funds under management increased by 35% to R93 billion, while funds under administration increased by 32% to R107 billion. Total assets increased by 33% or R50 billion to R200 billion.
* Dilution is a function of the successful rights issue, that we concluded in September 2012 in which we issued 107,2 million shares and raised R187,7 million of additional capital.
The board resolved to make a dividend payment to shareholders of 4,0 cents per share (2012: 3,5 cents per share) in respect of the six months ended 31 August 2013.
- PSG Konsult Ltd AGM Presentation
- Annual Report 2013
- Reviewed Financial Results 2013
- Summarised Interim Financial Results 2013
- Interim Results 2013
- Interim Results 2013 Presentation
- Annual Report 2012
- Reviewed Financial Results 2012
- Summarised Interim Financial Results 2012
- Interim Results 2012