To view and download the PDF click here.
Your privacy is important to PSG Konsult Ltd and its subsidiaries (‘PSG’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’). We are therefore committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is collected, processed and used properly and lawfully, with the required confidentiality and transparency.
OUR DATA PROTECTION VALUES
When collecting, using or sharing your personal information, the following is important to us:
- The trust that you place in us by giving us your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
- Providing clarity on how we use your personal information. We will always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, and who we share it with.
- Working with you to promptly resolve any query or concern which you may have on how we use your information.
- Taking all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- Complying with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and co-operating with data protection authorities and regulators.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and process your personal information to provide you with access to our products and services. To do this, we either enter into an agreement with you, or accept a mandate from you, authorizing us to provide these services to you and on your behalf in relation to third parties. In addition, we may collect and process your personal information to help us improve our offerings to you and for other lawful purposes.
The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. When you contact us, enter into an agreement with us or provide us with a mandate to represent you, we will collect only the information that we need to provide you with the products and/or services that we offer.
We also collect information about your experiences over time as you use our website. This information is given to your browser by our web server when you visit our website.
When you use our website, we gather standard internet visitor usage information. This is done through ‘cookies’ and similar tools. Cookies help websites remember information about your device and information on how you use the website. We use this information to monitor the areas of the website that are used most frequently and use this knowledge for future website enhancements. This information is anonymised, pooled information, and individual behaviour or patterns cannot be identified.
If you do not wish for us to collect this information, your browser will normally allow you to disable cookies.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will collect and process your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and as agreed, for example:
- to provide our products or services
- to execute your transactions
- to maintain our relationship with you
- to conduct credit reference searches or verification with third parties
- to confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorized user for security purposes
- for the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice
- for debt tracing or debt recovery
- to conduct market or customer satisfaction research and for statistical analysis
- for audit and record-keeping purposes
- to liaise with third-parties to offer services to that form part of the products you have with us
- in connection with legal proceedings
We will also use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes.
If you inform PSG or its subsidiaries that you do not want us to continue using your personal information, we will stop doing so.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
From time-to-time, we have to disclose your personal information to and share it with third parties who are involved in the delivery of products or services, giving effect to the terms of our agreement. We have agreements in place with the recipients to ensure that they also comply with applicable privacy and confidentiality laws. PSG conducts due diligence investigations into all new and existing financial and related products and services offered by third parties on an ongoing basis.
We may legally disclose your personal information in circumstances where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or other industry codes, or where we believe it is necessary for pursuing our legitimate interests or that of a third party to whom your personal information is supplied.
INFORMATION QUALITY AND SECURITY
We provide adequate protection to prevent unauthorized access and use of the personal information we store. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes and technology to ensure that your personal information is secure and used only in line with what is set out in this notice.
Our security policies and procedures include:
- physical security
- computer and network security
- secure communications
- security when contracting out activities or functions
- retention and disposal of information
- acceptable use of personal information
- governance and regulatory compliance
- monitoring access and usage of private information
- adequate protection of personal and identifiable information
- data portability
- investigating and reacting to security incidents
Where we interact with third parties and share personal information, we take reasonable steps to impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on those recipients as processors of personal information. This is to ensure that personal information that we are responsible for, is kept secure and only processed lawfully.
The disclosure of personal information to third parties may involve the transfer of personal information to other countries. These countries may not have to same data protection laws as those that apply in your country. We have put in place contractual provisions with those recipients. Before we contract with third parties in foreign jurisdictions, we ensure that the recipient is subject to a law or binding agreement with PSG that provides for similar or better protection of your personal information than is provided for in this notice.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information which we have on record for you. To do so, simply contact us at email@example.com and specify what information you would like. Before we provide you with your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity.
Please note that such an access request may be subject to the payment of a legally allowable fee.
You have the right to ask us to update or correct your personal information. You may do this by contacting your financial adviser or a client services consultant.
We will take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to the personal information we may hold about you.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date and accurate remains your responsibility. In the event that there are changes to your personal information such as a change in contact details or a residential address, please contact your financial adviser or a client services consultant to update your records.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request that we erase or delete your personal information. However, this right is limited.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or processed. The period for which we retain your personal information is influenced by:
- any compliance requirement in terms of legislation
- the retention of personal information for scientific, historical or statistical purposes
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
PRIVACY COMPLAINTS, COMPLIMENTS OR COMMENTS
Where you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we deal with your personal information, you may request that we:
- do not contact you in future
- provide you with a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- correct, update, or pseudonymise your personal information in our records
- investigate any alleged misuse of your personal information
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have questions about this notice or need further information about our privacy practices or policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your financial adviser.