We can act as executor for a deceased estate, taking care of all administrative requirements.
What is a Deceased Estate
A deceased estate is made up of all the assets and liabilities you leave behind at death. Administering a deceased estate involves distributing assets to your beneficiaries after all debts have been settled. This process is regulated by law and is overseen by the Master of the High Court.
How can we assist you
We can assist you in administering a deceased estate by:
- meeting with family members and beneficiaries to collect the necessary documents
- submitting all necessary documents to the Master of the High Court
- determining claims against or in favour of the estate
- determining the value of the assets in the estate
- completing and submitting an income tax return
- making sure that all debts are paid and assets are distributed
Executor's fees are set by regulation:
- executor's remuneration: 3.5% calculated on the gross value of assets as at death
- income collection fee: 6% calculated on all post-death revenue
The administration of a deceased estate is a specialised field. We will help you with all of your administrative requirements so that the estate can be wound up as quickly and easily as possible.
Contact an adviser to set up an appointment and discuss your situation.